Monday, July 23, 2007

Lady Party Hangover

Quite the opposite of the traditional hangover that leaves of-age girls feeling not-so-hot, Lady Party Hangover consists of delving into diverse topics inspired by the evening's events.


I was so excited to see the turnout for the event - a diverse group of women and girls eager to hear and talk about issues most important to them through literature, comedy, and song. I met so many new people - women and girls I hope will participate in upcoming Conversations - which really gave me hope that we can all identify and celebrate our feminist values, even if we don't see ourselves necessarily as activists. Women all over the world may not have the ability - for whatever reason - to dedicate hours of their time to public displays of opinion, but we can all create lives that celebrate what we view as beautifully woman.


Anyone else feel that way?



Lindsey

2 comments:

jill lion said...

I spoke to lots of people.. people who loved it for all different reasons. If you were there as a guest and have found your way to this blog, I would love to hear your thoughts. As we plan our next event on September 11th (already booked: Yo Majesty! Check them out on YouTube) it's great to hear feedback. Some people wanted more politics and comedy and less music, others wanted all music and comedy with the politics at the tables in the back and not on stage...

anyway, a week late but looking forward to hearing what people thought...xo
jill

galeit said...

I was so mad I had to miss it. The next day every woman I spoke with (a lotta women) that went said it was even so much better than they expected. Overall, I heard it was a great evening because the atmosphere was very chill and that they were consantly surprised but in a comfortable way.

I can't wait for Lady Party 911!